About The Charity Blog

The Charity Blog this season is for the Childrens Bereavement Centre. 32 years ago I lost a daughter still birth and 12 years ago we had to bury our 5 day old grandson. Not a day goes past without thinking of them both. The charity do a lot of good work with help and support.

Monday 5 September 2022

LANNER FC & MOUNT AMBROSE FC 1st EVER PROGRAMMES

 


People have been grumbling all over the UK regards to Football Programmes going online and even some clubs not doing them anymore, though there are a lot of folks who love a physical programme to read. Online programmes are ok but a proper paper programme is for keeps that you can look back on.

A few years ago whilst in Cornwall on holiday a small village club St Erme FC in the Trelawny League asked if I could help them do a programme and it was a success for them as it put them on the map.

Last season,I noticed a club called Dropship  FC doing a online programme and I suggested them to do a one off printed programme and they did and their opponents that day were Lanner FC, Lanner FC asked if I could do them a programme next time I am down on Holiday in Cornwall, whilst down on the second Saturday I was going to St Keverne FC so offered to do them a programme as well and if both clubs would like to make a donation to my charity it would be up to them, both said all the programme sales would go to my charity, The Childrens Bereavement Centre.

Last week, the League Cup was drawn and I noticed that St Keverne had been drawn away to who they should have been playing in a league match Mount Ambrose FC, so I had to apologise to St Keverne FC and ask Mount Ambrose FC if they would like a programme and they were over the moon and also came to the same decision that the programme money would go to my charity. This is the FIRST EVER time the clubs have ever had a programme.

The matches are:

Saturday 24th September

LANNER FC v TROON AFC RESERVES

Saturday 1st October

MOUNT AMBROSE FC v ST KEVERNE FC(Divisional Cup Tie)

Very Rare for a Trelawny League Cup Tie Programme

Programme sales have been going very well for both matches bit of course the more that is sold, the more that goes to the charity, the Children Bereavement Centre support the children who have lost siblings or where parents have gone in to hospital and not come home with their sibling. I lost my daughter 32 years ago stillborn then 12 years ago we lost our 5 day old grandson.

The programmes are both 20 pages and are on sale at the grounds at £2 each or if you would like to have both posted them £4 plus £1.50 postage to cover the envelope and stamps.

If anyone out there is interested, you can contact me via email on hornby60uk@yahoo.co.uk or you can ring me on 07973517603, if you are  going to either match and wish to pre order one, please let me know, so I can save one for you.

Dont forget you can follow Mount Ambrose FC on Twitter @AmbroseMount

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAKES ARE IN SEVENTH HEAVEN

 Eurosoccer Nottinghamshire Senior League: Division One FC GEORDIE 2 EAST LEAKE ROBINS FC 7 Att: 31(Headcount) Our son Shawn leaves his spec...